FAQ for Faculty and Staff
FAQ for Faculty and StaffWhen does my Admin or MetroConnect password expire?How do I reserve a lab for a class this semester?How do I log into a computer in the Labs?How do I check out a laptop for daily use?I am having trouble with technology in the classroom. Who do I call?Who can I contact for assistance updating my online courses or MetroConnect MyCourses?
Everyone is required to change his or her password every 120 days. We recommend changing at the beginning of every semester. To reset your password:
Please use the Self-Service Password Reset Manager to reset your password. Please follow this link to the instructions: SSRPM Instructions ( 355 KB)
These instructions will walk you through setting up the password reset tool, if you haven’t yet registered and will walk you through resetting your password if you have registered previously.
Please use the following steps to reset your password in Outlook Web Access:
- Open your favorite web browser (Safari, Chrome, Opera, etc.)
- Navigate to https://metromail.mscd.edu
- Enter your current ADMIN username and password
- On the top right corner of the webpage, you will see the "Options," button, click it.
- In the left hand "Options Menu," you will see an option to change password, click it.
- Enter your current password (the same one you used to log in) in the "Current Password," field, then your new password in both the "New Password & Confirm New Password," field.
- Click the "Save," button to confirm your new password.
- You have just changed your password.
Please note: If you changed your password using a Laptop, make sure to plug into a wired network jack on campus using an Ethernet cable in order to update the new password on all work computers
Lab Reservations can be found by clicking on the following link and following the instructions: http://www.mscd.edu/infotech/complabs/services/reservation.shtml -OR- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability and reserve.
Logging into a Lab Requires an Academia account. If you are assigned to at least one class during the current semester and do not have an Academia Password please contact the HelpDesk (303-352-7548 or go to West Classroom 241) to request one.
Laptops can be checked out for daily use from West Classroom 241. Please be prepared to present your faculty ID. Longer-term use may be available based on individual circumstances and approved by Technology Support Services management. Laptop availability is limited, so please plan ahead whenever possible.
Most Classrooms post the support number for the office in charge of the technology in that room. In most cases it is the AHEC Media Center, but in the General Labs, the Lab Tech assigned to that room can assist.
Please contact the Educational Technology Center (www.mscd.edu/etc / tel. 303 556-3600)