MSU Denver License Plate Program
Governor Ritter signed Senate Bill 143 on May 27, 2008, making the MSU Denver and other college/university license plates a permanent fixture on Colorado cars.
We’re working on new plates for MSU Denver. Keep an eye on the website, your email and Metro Mag for details on how to update your rig with new Roadrunner plates!
If you'd like to obtain the previous "Metro State" license plate from the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), you will need to make a donation to MSU Denver's Alumni Association. Current students and alumni who have graduated within the last year pay $25, while all other people pay $50. You will also have to pay a one-time, $50 DMV fee for specialty plates. You can get only one set of plates per donation. Your donation to the MSU Denver Alumni Association will support student scholarships.
Please CLICK HERE to access the online donation form.
NOTE: In the "Comments" line of the online donation form, please add the county in which your car is registered and your #900 if you are a current student.
Once you have submitted your information to us, the next steps are:
- We will generate a paper voucher that you will receive in the mail within two weeks of submitting your online form.
- Please call your DMV to make sure they have the MSU Denver plates in stock BEFORE you visit the office. They may have to order the plates, which could take several days.
- You then take that voucher to the county DMV in which the car is registered and present it to the DMV employee.
- You will then pay the additional one-time $50.00 specialty plate fee to the DMV.
- Now you will be able to ride with MSU Denver pride!
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please contact us at 303-556-8320 or firstname.lastname@example.org.